Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Calzone

I'd been craving calzone for awhile before I ran into this article: http://www.americastestkitchenfeed.com/bake-it-better/2012/08/secrets-to-perfect-calzones/
OHMANLETSDOTHIS!!!


I made one on Sunday. It was really, REALLY good. Even better than I expected. It was even better today, after the filling and sauce spent the day in the fridge.

I'm using store bought pizza dough. Leonardi's brand from Winco is best IMO.
 RicottaMozzarella, and Parmigiano Reggiano with Garlic and Fresh Basil and an egg as binder. 



Wrap it up. 450 degrees for 20 minutes. Top with pizza sauce 
OH YEAH!

So good. So easy. Looking forward to experimenting with different fillings; spinach, mushrooms, sun dried tomatoes, BACON...
Thanks America's Test Kitchen. I <3 you. 

Check out this cookbook, I use it all the time!


2 comments:

  1. Calzones are yummy and this one looks mighty yummy. I prefer the ones that are stuffed with meat though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think bacon would go particularly well with this filling.

      Delete